- How the Coronavirus is Effecting Sports Game
- Houston Astros Stealing Signs?
- You Can Pick Your NFL Winners. Here's How
- Today in Sports History: July 25, 1961.
- Los Angeles Rams Strenghts and Weakness
- New England Patriots Strengths and Weaknesses
- Who Is Going to Win the Super Bowl 2019
- Roots of the Rose Bowl
- The Effect of Athletes on Us and Our Country
- YouWager: An Eye on US Betting
Wow, New York Yankee fans did not like Roger Maris and let me tell you, they for some reason did not want to give Maris credit for breaking Babe Ruth’s record of 60 career home runs. Maris was a power house in the batting box, but also a quiet guy who didn’t like talking to the press (and yes, there was even fake news back then) and they disliked him for it. Maris gave 100% when he played and in 1961 he hit home run #61 to beat the Babes record of home runs in one year.
It was the forth inning when Maris faced right hander Tracey Stallard. The count was 2-0 and Maris rocketed that fast ball into the right field stands in the House that Ruth Built; it was the only run of that game. But due to the fact that Maris ......