Chicago Bears vs Philadelphia Eagles

NFL Football drawing to a close

The last NFL game of the week will take place Sunday in Chicago when the Chicago Bears host the visiting Philadelphia Eagles. Chicago is a 6 point favorite and the over/under is 41 points. Each team ended the regular season on a high note. The Bears won their last 4. Their last loss was against the Giants in New York back in early December when they fell in OT, but that was without their QB Trubisky. Their other 3 losses were way back in week one on the road at Green Bay when they lost by one point, on the road in overtime against the Dolphins, and their lone home loss against the always-tough New England Patriots. Chicago's 4 losses were by a combined 13 points. Philadelphia's last loss was also on the road in overtime, when they fell to the Cowboys 29-23 back on December 9. The Bears have a 69% chance of winning this game according to ESPN. And they should! They are 7-1 at home this year compared to a 4-4 road record for the Eagles.

But the Eagles are the defending champs, and their current QB is the reigning Super Bowl MVP, so he knows how to win games. The Bears helped Philadelphia get into the playoffs by beating Minnesota last week. That win meant nothing for the Bears as far as seeding, but if the Vikings would have won, which they probably should have given they were at home, then they would be the team to play the Bears this week. But the Bears beat the Minnesota Vikings twice this year, and it isn't a good idea to give a team 3 chances to beat you in a season, especially if that third time is in the playoffs. I am still not sold on Chicago's offense as far as getting them to the Super Bowl, let alone winning it. Maybe if they had home-field advantage throughout the playoffs I could see them reaching the Super Bowl. But I think their defense playing at home will come up big and Trubisky will do just enough for the Bears to advance to the next round, but Foles should keep this game close, and so I think the Bears win but don't cover the 6 point spread.

It will be cold in Chicago, but not too bad for January with a high of about 39F, and no rain or snow in the forecast. The Eagles are a cold-weather team so this Sunday's weather shouldn't affect them the same way it affected the Rams when they came to play a few weeks ago. I think this will be a low-scoring affair as Foles is a bit banged up himself; I see the Bears winning it 20-17. The current money line bet is Chicago -265, Philadelphia +215. Kickoff is 1:40 PM PT from Soldier Field in Chicago.

If the Bears do win, which I think they will, they will play the Los Angeles Rams the following week, but that game will be in LA, and should have a much different outlook then a few weeks ago when they payed in Chicago. If Philly wins, they will be the lowest seeded team remaining and will get to play at New Orleans next week.

Bing Predicts 31% chance PHI wins, 69% CHI wins